Saturday, March 3, 2012

Olongapo Malls Represent Progress


Comment from a reader on the post "The Bamboo Bugle is Living in the Past!":

There were some good things with the military but I agree it is time to move on. I was here then but as a person I am way past seeing it as a base. Nor do I feel compelled to share my military past. I've lived a lifetime since then. I see it as a Freeport Zone. I so agree with the issues of the markets. It is time for Olongapo City to grow. There are many reasons it has not and many of us know the sordid past and how certain people liked it that way but that isn't fair to the people of OC. The malls are hard to take and people tell me "they're expensive" but I've found this isn't consistently true and it is cheaper than our driving to Pampanga or Manila which many people do on a regular basis. Most cities suffer with these types of growing pains. With big companies/malls comes health insurance, education benefits, opportunity for promotion and competition based on performance not your uncle owning the store. Life will be different and I look forward to the progress. That said it would be nice if the SBMA police upped their professionalism in the area of security and enforcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are posted anonymously. We don't care who you are, we just care about what you have to say. But let's keep it civil. No slander. Talk about issues, not individuals. No racism. Cool it on the profanity. Like Sinatra said, "You don't need to work blue. You'll never play the big houses with that crap."