Monday, March 19, 2012

It's More Fun Getting Hit in the Head

From a reader: On Tuesday, March 13, I was at the old NAIA Terminal 1 checking in for my China Airlines flight to Canada when I heard a cracking sound. I looked up and tiles were falling from the ceiling. They hit several people in the Gulf Air check-in area. Also, a cloud of dust fell over the area. When I looked up, I could see tiles all over the roof rotting and about to fall. After check-in, I made it to immigration only to see the line backed up so far that it was past the area where you pay your terminal fee and nearly all the way out the door to the check-in area. So my advice to anyone flying out of the dilapidated old Manila airport: arrive early and wear a helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are posted anonymously. We don't care who you are, we just care about what you have to say. But let's keep it civil. No slander. Talk about issues, not individuals. No racism. Cool it on the profanity. Like Sinatra said, "You don't need to work blue. You'll never play the big houses with that crap."