Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fill'er up Please

For the benefit of our readers in the United States where it seems that gas prices are all over the news programs.  I went out to fill up my car the other day and paid 53 pesos per liter.  My car used 40 liters of gas as I was a little bit under half according to the fuel gauge.  So I ended up paying 2120 pesos to fill up my tank.  I started wondering well what would that be in dollars per gallon?  So I broke out my trusty calculator and punched in the numbers.  Let's see there are 3.8 liters per gallon and the peso was worth 42.7 the other day when I changed money.  So a little bit of  division first (40/3.8) that comes out to about 10.5 gallons.  Now that 10.5 gallons of gas cost me 2120 pesos which when divided by 42.7 comes out to roughly $49.64 for my 10.5 gallons of unleaded or roughly $4.72 per gallon.  Almost makes you want to move back to the States doesn't it?  But wait a minute that price does have a few benefits built into it.  That is for full service, I don't have to get out of my car to pump that gas.  If you want the attendants will wash the windows and check your fluid levels too.  So maybe I will stay here in Subic.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are posted anonymously. We don't care who you are, we just care about what you have to say. But let's keep it civil. No slander. Talk about issues, not individuals. No racism. Cool it on the profanity. Like Sinatra said, "You don't need to work blue. You'll never play the big houses with that crap."