Friday, March 30, 2012

A New Perspective

    I enjoy getting around into the numerous drinking holes of Subic.  Don't think that I am some kind of drunken sot just wasting away all day on the evil drink. Nor am I out all night chasing around the younger lasses thinking that they love me for my good heart or because I am a handsome man.  What I enjoy about my wanderings is the people that you can meet.  I mean where else in the world are you going to find an ex-cop sitting and joking around with a grungy biker guy, while a beach bum is just waiting for a chance to inject himself into the conversation.  I can sit at home all day reading books or watching the myriad of shows that are available on my television set but nothing replaces the interaction of educated or in some cases slightly educated people while they are sitting around and drinking a couple of cold beverages.  I don't get that kind of intellectual stimulation sitting around the house.  Hence,  my reason for stepping out for a cold one or two.

    Now what I don't like is the stumbling drunk who can't manage to state  more than a couple of words before repeating himself or the verbal bully who likes to think that as long as he is louder than the guy he is talking with then he is correct.  Nor do I enjoy the guy who all he can talk about is back when he was in the Navy or back when he used to work at  _____.  The kind of people I enjoy are those who get around to different places, have interesting stories, can base their arguments on facts not fiction.  Those are the people that I will sit around with.  I have found these people in several places in Barrio Barretto. Places like Harley's, Mango's (pre-construction days), Midnight Rambler,  etc..  Yet some times whenever I go into certain places (and I won't mention any names)  you get the feeling that it is groundhog day same people telling the same stories, sitting in the exact same places, even wearing the same clothes day after day after day....  Come on people get a life do something different, Get out there and enjoy the PI. We live in a beautiful place that most people would love to live in.  I say get out there and do something different for a change.  Bugle Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are posted anonymously. We don't care who you are, we just care about what you have to say. But let's keep it civil. No slander. Talk about issues, not individuals. No racism. Cool it on the profanity. Like Sinatra said, "You don't need to work blue. You'll never play the big houses with that crap."