Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bad Experience at Texas Joe's

Comment from a reader: 
Have eaten at Texas Joe’s several times in the past and have found the food only to be acceptable for the price and service. While the bbq is pretty good it is also very expensive. I have not eaten there in several months so thought I would try it tonight. Ordered the burger with fries for take out and had to wait way too long for just a burger. I could see the tickets in the kitchen and I noticed several were put in front of mine ( probably for “you know who I am people”).

The burger was full of gristle and bone and way too much bread for the size of the burger meat, the fries were not very good either. I asked to speak to the blind manager ( I think he was blind because he wore sun glasses in the restaurant) but he never came to see me (maybe because he was blind!). I won’t be going back there anytime soon.

4 comments:

  1. The Bugle has eaten here numerous times in the past (as recently as two weeks ago),and has never had (nor heard of) an experience similiar to yours. On one of my next visits there I will check in and see if I can get the managements version of the events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family and I have never failed to have a wonderful meal at Texas Joes. I think the prices are very reasonable for the portion sizes, quality, atmosphere and professionalism of servers and management. I know for a fact that Paul and Gilbert would never permit a customer to go away unhappy on purpose.

    signed,
    Texas Joe's Booster

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like a typical "Ugly American" to me. I'm sure the "blind manager" you referred to would be offended by your insulting remarks. Texas Joe's caters mainly to Americans and Filipinos. I'm an Aussie and although baked beans and sauce and mayo on everything doesn't appeal to me, I have found the quality of the food and service to be consistent and good. You need to grow a brain mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jules, first It was presumptuous of you to assume the writer is American without any mention in the text that this is so. Second, I'm sure other American expats living here were not amused at being labeled "typical Ugly Americans". I find your bias and, in particular, your remark that the writer "needs to grow a brain" inappropriate and offensive. You need to grow some civility, mate.
      Bob
      PS I will agree with you that Texas Joe's is a fine restaurant. I've known Paul, the owner, for 20 years and know he would have attended to the problem quickly had he known about it.

      Delete

All comments are posted anonymously. We don't care who you are, we just care about what you have to say. But let's keep it civil. No slander. Talk about issues, not individuals. No racism. Cool it on the profanity. Like Sinatra said, "You don't need to work blue. You'll never play the big houses with that crap."