Monday, May 28, 2012

Why Drive to Quezon City?

Comment on the post: Are you ready for a drive to Quezon City?
Why drive to Quezon City? Certainly, there must be a way to avoid getting your drivers license “confiscated”. I fail to understand the reasoning behind surrendering your drivers license to the “Police or Highway Patrol” for an alleged traffic violation. Just give the offending driver a ticket, and if the ticket goes uncontested and unpaid, attach the infraction to the drivers LTO file. The next renewal of the offender’s driver’s license should show unpaid tickets. Then a NO Pay NO license renewal would work. It’s time for the Philippines to upgrade their enforcement of traffic laws and procedures for penalizing those who disregard the law.

From the Bugle: Agreed on all points, but until they figure out how computerize and manage the system, your best bet is to just pay the bribe or to keep a couple of extra licenses handy in case one gets taken.
 

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I believe the catch'em-at-license-renewal method is already in place. A few years back on the Gapo-San Fernando Hgwy, I followed a line of locals who were passing congested traffic on the right. Naturally, as the only Kano, I was selected by two alert LTO cops for ticketing. This was back when you recieved a temporary renewed license and waited for the had copy for up to a year. I handed the cops my temporary and picked up the permaent license at Olongapo LTO a week later with th "lost the Temp" excuse. Laughed up my sleeve until License renewal time, when I was told to head for San Fernando to pay the fine for my driving violation before a new license would be issued. The fine was only P275, and I combined the trip with an A-town visit, so it was no big deal. Yup, I believe LTO has computers these days and is effectively using them.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are posted anonymously. We don't care who you are, we just care about what you have to say. But let's keep it civil. No slander. Talk about issues, not individuals. No racism. Cool it on the profanity. Like Sinatra said, "You don't need to work blue. You'll never play the big houses with that crap."