Saturday, April 27, 2013

Another Bad Experience with Tricare in the Philippines



Comment from a reader on:  Tricare is a Benefit Not a Privilege: I have had two bad experiences with Tricare here in the Philippines. My first was required hand surgery I had at St Lukes in Manila. The bill was over $2,000. I paid it and filed a claim for reimbursement. Tricare sends me a check for $240, or 13% of what I had paid. I complained to Tricare and wrote my Senator. Tricare demanded I return the $240 and actually confiscated the $240 out of my next claims for meds prior to my allotted time to appeal being up. The reason for the entire claim being denied? I spent the night prior to surgery in the hospital on Doctors orders. My next major claim was the result of vehicle accident. They reimbursed 40% of my claim. It is a shame that our Vets are being treated they way they are by tricare. All they would have to do is reimburse at the 75% mandated, on all legit claims, and folks would be happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are posted anonymously. We don't care who you are, we just care about what you have to say. But let's keep it civil. No slander. Talk about issues, not individuals. No racism. Cool it on the profanity. Like Sinatra said, "You don't need to work blue. You'll never play the big houses with that crap."