Tuesday, February 28, 2012

If You Are Warm, Order Leche Flan


Comment from a reader on the post "It takes more than slogans":

It would probably work just fine if it were true."Amazing Thailand" was convincing for me because... it was! Thailand was actually MORE fun for me (I am a permanent foreign resident of the Philippines) because the Hotel and Restaurant Industry really seem to "get it" with what foreigners really want. Perhaps because of the relatively long history of German/ European presence there? I'm not quite sure why (I am American). However, the restaurants I visited there (Phuket, Kho Samui) were wonderful! Freshly cooked by German/Austrian-trained kitchen staff, and more importantly- they appeared to be supervised well, along with the waitress staff....great service! I'm sorry, but I cannot say the same of many of the bar/restaurants' staffs here in O.C. (By the way, it's not for a lack of staff, staff seems plentiful!) So I maintain, the slogan is fine, as long as they can back it up. Example- I recently ordered a "Leche Flan" in one of the local restaurants here in Olongapo, it was on the menu. I was brought an "electric fan"... come on guys, get with it!

1 comment:

  1. I ordered a spanish coffee at a four star hotel in Balibago and got a spanish omelete. The waitress was upset when I sent it back - apparently the price of the omelete comes out of her salary.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are posted anonymously. We don't care who you are, we just care about what you have to say. But let's keep it civil. No slander. Talk about issues, not individuals. No racism. Cool it on the profanity. Like Sinatra said, "You don't need to work blue. You'll never play the big houses with that crap."