Sunday, February 19, 2012

New Overlords


From a contributor:
I am writing from the United States. I happened to be aboard one of the last ships to leave Subic Bay back in 1993. I always loved the Philippines and its people. In fact I was one of the few sailors who thought it was a good idea to return the bases to the Filipinos themselves. But from what I now perceive the Philippines just traded one overlord for another. Without mentioning nationalities some Asian countries seem to be dominating areas all over the country.  Subic, Puerto Galera, Boracay, Manila other Asians just replaced the US imperialists. And from what I see on television (we get Philippine TV here in Virginia) these other cultures are not nearly as kind as I remember my countrymen being. Rudeness and cultural insensitivity seem to be the norm from the new masters running the show.  Oh well, "what will be will be." More power and god bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are posted anonymously. We don't care who you are, we just care about what you have to say. But let's keep it civil. No slander. Talk about issues, not individuals. No racism. Cool it on the profanity. Like Sinatra said, "You don't need to work blue. You'll never play the big houses with that crap."