Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Tricare Situation in Japan




From a reader: I pay in upfront in Japan for Tricare. I submit my claim and get reimbursed minus my deductible. I'm probably paying way more for health care then you could ever imagine with the yen to dollar rate, but I have set aside money to do so incase of an emergency. I choose the doctors I want to see which is allot more harder then you think. The majority of doctors here do not speak english like they do in PI. Fortunately I speak Japanese. If it got to the point that I thought I could not afford it, I would return to the states for medical care with the added benefits of living in the states. Like I said it is your choice to live in the PI. I've been there all during the 70s and 80s, so I know what it is all about. Look at the bright side. You have some form of healthcare. Millions of Americans do not. To be truthful, show me in writing anywhere that the military promised you a lifetime of free or affordable health care for the rest of your life. You won't find it. It's not law. It was simply a false promise your recruiter made to you. Trust me I know what I'm talking about. Oh and the reason this all started was because some retirees, in team with thier doctors in the PI, were scamming the system for years. This was part of the reason Tricare lost so much money. False claims or over charged claims where both the retiree and the doctor skimmed money. I applaud Tricare for doing the best they can to make a crooked situation a just one for all. If you don't like Tricare as a health care provider try Blue Cross or sone other provider. I'm sure the PI has others to offer and rather affordable too. I know Japan does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are posted anonymously. We don't care who you are, we just care about what you have to say. But let's keep it civil. No slander. Talk about issues, not individuals. No racism. Cool it on the profanity. Like Sinatra said, "You don't need to work blue. You'll never play the big houses with that crap."