Saturday, May 4, 2013

My Grandmother's Testicles




Comment from a reader on Good Driving Schools Make Good Drivers: IF being the operative word. IF they enroll and IF they find good driving schools and IF driver's licensing in the PI wasn't just another scam for purchase. We have drivers ed in every high school in the US. My drivers ed teacher was a mean strict effective no tolerance no BS vocational shop teacher. We also watched gory movies of real car accidents and bloody bodies to further scare the crap out of us. But I learned. When I went to get my PI license, the whole bureaucratic thing was a joke and 3 or 4 different gov't offices were involved, different locations, each demanding a fee. The Doctor himself could not read the eye chart and the blood pressure test consisted of his holding my wrist to see if I had a pulse. He wrote down the estimate, 110/70. No blood pressure sleeve. Manual. No kidding. Driving school. Never going to happen. IF. IF my grandmother had testicles, she would have been my grandfather. IF.

1 comment:

  1. I've been here here almost 10 years now and I've seen and experienced the same thing. You and I must have both been at the LTO office at SM Clark on the same day. A shocking and ridicules joke is the only description that comes to mind. Lots to enjoy living here but sometimes it almost like being trapped inside a Three Stooges movie--complete with sound effects!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are posted anonymously. We don't care who you are, we just care about what you have to say. But let's keep it civil. No slander. Talk about issues, not individuals. No racism. Cool it on the profanity. Like Sinatra said, "You don't need to work blue. You'll never play the big houses with that crap."